Hi Michael

> And when you say 'only one PTR per RR' is "allowed", could you
> explain that further? "allowed" by whom, or what policy.

I recall we ran into some problems with systems that attempt to match A
and PTR records and only considered the first PTR returned and that
while looking if that was correct behaviour, I found an RFC hinting that
only one PTR per RR is allowed.

But let's dig into those RFC :-)

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1034 Section 3.6.2 Aliases and canonical
names..
        hint to that an PTR should point to only one ressource.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2181 Section 10.2.

   Confusion about canonical names has lead to a belief that a PTR
   record should have exactly one RR in its RRSet.  This is
   incorrect,
   [...]

Ok, I was wrong :-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden