On Fri, 21 Aug 2020, Jesse Thompson via mailop wrote:

But that's a topic for another list.
Seems on topic for the list, but I've "started a new thread"
(OK I just changed the subject line).

Plus, it's technically a misdeployment for any domain to publish
DMARC if it houses users, so all bets are off.

Sorry, I don't understand either your main point or the phrase "houses users".
Does it mean that the system has interactive login access for users ?

Sure, I can imagine a domain that only sends computer-generated mail,
and thus could be said not to house users, but *most* email domains
that would wish to publish DMARC have users sending and receiving messages.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk