> I've been very saddened.  Sendgrid was a reputable ESP that has fallen
> from grace.  About 6-7 months ago, we started seeing pretty large
> amounts of spam from them.

Exactly - this tracks with the timeline when a) they ceased being certified by
us, b)  certain key people who *had* been involved with making sure that
SendGrid did the right thing left, and then c) they were acquired by Twilio.
Acquisitions of reputable players in the email space generally lead to a
decline in how white hat they are, because of course the acquirers are almost
always only (or at least primarily) interested in a return on their $
investment (witness Habeas).

>  I've personally tried reaching out to Twilio / Sendgrid leadership to alert
> them to the issue.

I did as well, and was assured that they have a unit whose task it is to ensure
all Sendgrid/Twilio communications are "wanted, secure and legal."

Sigh.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell,  Attorney at Law
CEO, SuretyMail Email Reputation Certification
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Former Counsel: Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)