Am 07.04.21 um 10:51 schrieb Laura Atkins via mailop:

Forcing alignment across all 3 entities (5321.from, 5322.from and the d=) breaks a lot of current implementations. Many ESPs and a ton of small businesses are going to be scrambling to get this implemented. In

many cases they have the infrastructure but there are still a lot of small users who don’t and sometimes even can’t authenticate in a fully aligned way. If mail starts getting rejected at t-online.de <http://t-online.de> maybe that will be an incentive, or maybe folks will just write off their subscribers at that domain. I know I have some clients who’ve looked at some of their previous filtering and said ’nah, too hard, not enough value’ and just let the subscribers bounce
off
their lists.

Also if Microsoft wouldn't be Microsoft the small Micrsoft365 users would be affected as MS uses an internal signing domain to do DKIM w/o any involvement by the subscriber. This can be overridden and changed but I'm wondering what the ratio is in real. As said, t-online.de according to the information will never reject MS but just because they are large and important enough? I'm not a big fan of such a differentiation.

Wolfgang