The issue - at least to me - has always been that Microsoft is viewed as
this big, huge company that can do no wrong.

When our users have issues sending to Microsoft email servers - it's
obviously because *we're* stupid and something is wrong with *our* server.
It can't possibly be a Microsoft issue.  Microsoft made Windows, what did
we make?

That's the narrative that needs to change.  If end-users would somehow
start to realize that Microsoft has a horrible email system, fewer people
would be inclined to use Microsoft based email accounts.

That's basically what we have done.  I'm sure we've probably lost some
clients over it.  But if you're using a Microsoft based email address for
anything mission critical, then I'm sorry, you're probably missing stuff.
And not just stuff from us, but from any number of other places.  Missing
stuff could be because of a no reason block/blacklist or just a silent
deletion of the message.