Al Iverson wrote:

> Convince Spamhaus they should be SBL'd, blog about it, sue them, whatever,
> but keep in mind that the tiny number of individual reports to Spamcop
> doesn't really do much by itself. Keep sending reports there, as if they
> get enough reports, it'll cause listings on the SCBL blocklist, but don't
> expect that to be a magic cure to any spam problem by itself.

I'd like to chime in here too, in support of Monsieur Bressier.

I find that SendinBlue are extremely receptive to spam complaints.
Whenever I've had occasion to report something directly, it has
always been seen to effectively and promptly.

The header X-Mailin-Client is all they need to conclusively identify
which client it is.

In addition, I know something about how they tackle spam they are
perceived to have sent, even without any of us explicitly reporting it,
but I'll leave it to Simon to describe these things in more detail if
he likes to.

In the May 2021 report on Spamtraps: ESPs,

http://mainsleaze.spambouncer.org/may-2021-in-spamtraps-esps/

which I published two days ago, it does not explicitly mention SendinBlue,
but I can tell you they were in the "bubbling under" section, having
contributed about 95% of the volume we saw from the #10 participant,
Constant Contact. These volumes correspond to about 10-15% of what we
see from Salesforce Marketing Cloud aka ExactTarget and SendGrid and
about 20% of what we see from Mailchimp. Our volumes are tiny compared
to what all of these send, so obviously this is a skewed view, but it
does involve hundreds of domain names and 6-7 figures of messages every
day, so it's not just my man+dog mail server either.

A very large part of what we get from SendinBlue is sent to mistyped
addresses. This does not differ a great deal from what any other ESP
is doing.

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)