On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 02:29:17 -0500, Jarland Donnell via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>I've been catching my customers left and right lately signing up for
>some email warmup service.

OK, I see I've been completely out of touch with that segment of the industry.

The process of attempting to game reputation systems by sending to
robot-administered accounts eventually leads to things like the Microsoft v.
Boris Mizhen et al. settlement in 2010.  There appear to be a number of
companies that offer to accomplish this.  Perhaps they also have a few tens of
millions lying about unused.

I see that Mailwarm.com promises to

"[act] like thousands of perfect leads interacting with your emails.
This parallel activity sends a positive signal to email providers and their
spam filters.
"Your email account automatically sends dozens of emails to +1000 Mailwarm's
accounts, and get replies. Mailwarm daily interactions are sent according to
the schedule you set."

In other words, actionable fraud, against the providers and against your
customers.

mdr
--
         "There are no laws here, only agreements."
                -- Masahiko