On 9/23/21 9:42 AM, Jay Hennigan via mailop wrote:

> While you do this, also tell them to ignore phishing emails that claim
> to be from their provider warning that their email account is at risk.

A lot of this now seems like just poor user interface. Email software
authors (and many of us, including me) could be doing a lot better at
exposing what we know (based on DKIM etc.) to the user.

For example, "This message is verified as being from keycodes.com, and
mailop-l...@keycodes.com was first seen in your mailbox more than six
months ago."

Or "This message claims to be from li...@tigertech.com, but it isn't
signed by tigertech.com as we'd expect. Be careful."

Or "This message is verified as being from gmail.com, but there's no

etc.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/