On 2022-01-10 15:32, Mark Fletcher via mailop wrote:
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:24 AM Douglas Vought via mailop <mailop@mailop.org <mailto:mailop@mailop.org>> wrote:

    Does anyone have any tips on handling abuse complaints on legit email?

When we (Groups.io) receives an FBL report, we automatically unsubscribe that person from all email groups they're subscribed to. We then send them one final email with a link to re-subscribe if it was a mistake. This has been a controversial feature and a source of angst. "How dare you remove me from my groups", "Hey, you've got a bug, all my groups are gone", "I never clicked the spam button".

When I was first starting out, my operating assumption was that if we did not act on the FBL reports in this way, that we'd eventually get blocked. I still don't know if that's true or not, but I'm inclined to keep the behavior; it does nobody any good if their group messages are going into spam, and I don't know of another way to get someone's attention.

First of all, this is awesome, thank you!

I love the idea of alerting the user and blocking all mail (not just the one list) as a way to get their attention.

I would also like to see a one-click "Unsubscribe from this group, unblock the rest" along with a "Unsubscribe all" and "Resubscribe all if I promise to not do it again"

If possible, I think it would be genuinely useful to give them the details of the message that they reported as spam, at a minimum the list name and subject of the message. Already this year I've had a "I've never reported anything from you as spam", conversation which turned into "Oh, right, but that is spam!" once we identified the message. It wasn't untrue, it was just a info@ address that went through a mailing list of one, to a mailbox which itself was forwarded to a third party.

Only by the grace of Mr Goldberg himself does all the stupid things users do manage to get their email delivered at all, and one cannot reasonably be expected to know where the spam report goes when they hit "Spam" on one of these messages.