Philip Paeps via mailop wrote:
On 2022-03-02 23:40:05 (+0800), Anne Mitchell via mailop wrote:
For some reason we have recently had a spate of small businesses coming to us asking us for our recommendations for a service to host their regular one-to-one business communications.  Google and MS seem to have the business email hosting thing locked up tight, but surely there must be email providers out there that are friendlier, easier to set up, and maybe even with some decent support (or is that a pipe dream?)

If a small business (say less than 10 people, hosts their website at their registrar's free hosting service, or Square or Wix) were to come to you and ask you from where they should send their one-to-one regular business correspondence email, who would you recommend?

I highly recommend GoDaddy.  I use them for a couple of domains that I haven't gotten around to setting up on our own servers.

As reminded yesterday, after I fat-fingered a whole slew of mail into the trash, their customer service is first rate.  They answer the phone quickly, the first person who answers the phone almost always has a clue - and can deal with problems directly.  Or they can get them dealt with quickly, without having to shunt you from person to person.  (E.g., they were able to restore all the mail I destroyed, with a phone call - they put my on hold at one point, very briefly, to call their operations folk, then told me the mail would be back in under 90 minutes - and it was.)  Their customer support for other things - e.g., hosted servers & apps - is just as responsive.

Mind you, I'm a "preferred customer" (I buy lots of domains from them), so I get bumped to the head of the queue, to a better grade of support reps; and they also offer some extra-cost support (e.g., for maintaining wordpress installs) - so I don't know what their support is like for the great unwashed.

Best customer service I've found from anyone - so, for a no-muss, no-fuss recommendation, that's where I'd point them.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown