This is definitely embarrassing for us (ActiveCampaign) and I appreciate
the call out Anne.

Fwiw, I can honestly say our abuse desk does respond to all cases there and
if you had sent it there they would have seen it and done something at the
least.

Still doesn’t justify the garbage out Marketing team was apparently sending
and I will be sure we address this internally.

Feel free to reach out off list Anne and I can help get to the bottom of
this. Same goes for anyone else who sees garbage coming from
ActiveCampaign. We try, but as we grow this just gets harder as many of you
probably know.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 3:52 PM Matt Vernhout via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> Sure but Active Campaign sent this not Shopify.
>
> One rogue sales person sending cold email doesn’t mean the whole company
> is bad either.
>
> ~
> Matt
>
> > On Apr 26, 2022, at 18:47, Richard W via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Isn't Shopify Canadian?  Hand it off to the CRTC
> >
> > Richard

> them,
> >> It's worse than that, the spam is for *no* sort of business even
> remotely related to anything I do - it's for "my" Shopify store!  I've
> never had an ecomm store in my life, let alone a Shopify store.
> >> And, it went to my normal ISIPP address, I mean, you'd think they'd
> know...
> >> Anne
> >> ---
> >> Outsource your email deliverability headaches to us, and get to the
> inbox, guaranteed!
> >>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.GetToTheInbox.com__;!!JIZ-LZtDGnv5HBqN_A!LUdQY2Ak2FCMwxw0OtDk--7A214ljv7fsVo281sfmotB2S9gwsTYZ3WoAw3gsz5x_Zf91LEYHI2yx_9ATb8$
> >> Anne P. Mitchell,  Esq.
> >> CEO Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail
> >> Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email
> marketing law)
> >> Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
> >> Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
> >> Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
> >> Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
> >> Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
> >> Counsel Emeritus, MAPS: Mail Abuse Prevention System (now the anti-spam
> division of TrendMicro)

Thanks,
Alex

--

Alexander Burch
ActiveCampaign / Senior Deliverability Engineer

<https://www.activecampaign.com/sig/?u=aburch&c=1>