From last week:

"While it seems that Gmail is the current example of MTA-STS-only, that could
always change.  We still have tons of providers that support neither, and I'd
take either as a step above Opportunistic TLS."

Grabbing a sample of "large" rcpt domains from our platforms for the past
24hrs, we can see who has which policies:

Domain          TLSA/DANE       MTA-STS TLSRPT (requesting, not sending)
gmail.com       N               Y               Y
yahoo.com       N               Y (testing)     Y
hotmail.com     N               Y               Y
aol.com         N               N               N
outlook.com     N               Y               Y
icloud.com      N               N               N
me.com  N               N               N
msn.com N               N               N
verizon.net     N               N               N
att.net         N               N               N
sbcglobal.net   N               N               N
live.com        N               Y               Y
mac.com N               N               N
bellsouth.net   N               N               N
protonmail.com Y                Y               Y

As we're largely people sending to people, this doesn't take into account the
oodles of corporations that haven't gotten anywhere near DANE or MTA-STS.  I'm
happy to provide further statistics as to what we're seeing while sending, but
I don't think we're ready to pretend that MTA-STS doesn't have a place in
securing message transmission above the level which "Opportunistic TLS"
provides.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy