Yeah, when legit operators have to obfuscate their URL's, you know something isn't working right..

We saw something similar, we send monthly payment receipts with a URL for the customer to update their information, and maybe because of volume, pretty soon anything with a URL pointing to that domain was going to spam folders.

While we 'think' that is resolved now, probably because enough people clicked not spam, it is concerning on how the URL logic works over there.

On 2022-06-09 08:21, John Covici via mailop wrote:
I sent a mail which got rejected --  it was a plain text Email with
one link and it was rejected.  I put a space in the link somewhere and
it was accepted.

On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:47:18 -0400,
Otto J. Makela via mailop wrote:

On 08/06/2022 21.25, Brandon Long via mailop wrote:

so the false positive rate for the new rule is better.  It doesn't
even need to be a new rule, maybe your reputation just decreased
slightly and it now is below the threshold.

I know of a couple of similar cases -- to me it seems Google's Bayesian
heuristic (if there is such a thing) was over-zealous or something.
It did not seem to matter if the outgoing messages passed SPF tests and/or
had a correct DKIM signature: dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable.

However, I haven't seen those today.

Brandon, can you please look if your reject rates were suddenly up for
a while, I'm sure there are statistics available?

--
    /* * * Otto J. Makela <o...@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
   /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."