You should get a welcome message when a user direct subscribes you to a
group that should have an unsubscribe link in it.  The welcome message part
of the flow that the group manager can set should be added to that message.

There are limits on how many people a group manager can add in this way,
it's really not an efficient way to spam a lot of people, but there do seem
to be some low level spammers who spend a lot of resources to spam very few
people, and our abuse systems play a lot of wack-a-mole with them.  I no
longer have any access to look at the abuse results for this group or
owner.   And you can definitely report abuse on particular groups from the
web ui, and that is useful to us to learn and improve.

I think that welcome message also has a link to the global settings, but it
has been years since I've worked on this.  You can set the global settings
from the web ui:
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/9792489?hl=en&ref_topic=2458613
That allows you to prevent group managers from inviting or directly adding
your email address to groups.

Brandon