On Sat 27/Aug/2022 00:54:47 +0200 Brandon Long wrote:
There are certainly plenty of people who didn't read the spec and wrongly assume that a failed signature means something is wrong.

I think there can be some subtle differences between "a failed signature means something is wrong" and "a message without authentication has a higher chance of being spam"

It was observed several times that spammers are quicker to adopt new authentication techniques than classical mailbox providers. Although some hopeless spam is not authenticated at all, I'd expect that spam with a broken signature be restricted to rookies. Slavko's evidence seems to agree.

From here to inferring a honest attempt, and thereby non-junk status, from failed signatures...

Best
Ale