On 9/5/22 12:12, Bill Cole via mailop wrote:
On 2022-09-05 at 14:42:38 UTC-0400 (Mon, 5 Sep 2022 11:42:38 -0700)
Jay Hennigan via mailop <mailop-l...@keycodes.com>
is rumored to have said:

On 9/5/22 07:48, Radek Kaczynski via mailop wrote:

We assume that:
- our customer (data controller) who requested us to verify the email address got it in a legal way
- our customer is obeying anti-spam policies.

What logical basis or evidence do you have to support this assumption?

Those assumptions are necessary for any semblance of ethics in their business model, so they are logically required.

Kind of like....

I assume that:
- When I walk up to a bank teller wearing a mask and displaying a Glock pistol, the teller will assume that the mask is for COVID protection. - Bank employees will be so impressed with the quality of the pistol that the bank will reward me with cash simply for the privilege of viewing a weapon of such elegance.

It is that simple.

Indeed.

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net