Good evening,

I feel like I need to come clean on the Bouncer - Woodpecker association and my
perspective on cold email.

(But please let me know if my responses are not welcome - I feel here like a
guest, and I don’t want to abuse your hospitality)

Long story short - when working for Mack Trucks, we had issues when an email
address was passed over the counter at the dealerships. Many typos were
affecting not only the continuity of communication but also master data
management and further processes down the road.
At the same time, I was going through a divorce and decided to move back from
the U.S. to Poland.
When I told my friend (CEO of Woodpecker) about it, he motivated me and helped
me to take a big step - quitting my corporate job and starting Bouncer.

So I’m not directly associated with Woodpecker, but indeed there is some
connection between Bouncer and Woodpecker:
- Woodpecker’s CEO is my close friend from high school,
- He helped me establish Bouncer, when I decided to come back from the U.S. to
Poland,
- Some Woodpecker’s shareholders are also Bouncer’s shareholders,
- Woodpecker is one of Bouncer’s customers,
- We initially had offices in the same building.

If it comes to the cold email… I think it’s not that black&white…

I personally am not a fan of cold email, and sometimes do get irritated by the
spammy one.

But I also see it sometimes as an equalizer - giving the same chances when
competing with global enterprises.
This way, small businesses can reach out to potentially interested customers -
which is very costly and very difficult in other communication channels.
Small businesses can’t usually afford sophisticated marketing funnels (full of
Ads, LeadMagnets, Remarketing to get opt-in, and then sharing the contact in
the network of affiliates).
In a cold email, you don’t have to have huge budgets only because your big
competitors can afford high Customer Acquisition Costs.

But RESPECTFUL cold email is complicated and thus rare to see.
Cause respectful cold email is about:
- excellent prospecting- identifying those recipients that with a high
probability would like to see one offer
- well crafted and personalized copy (and by personalized, I don’t mean “Hello
{first_name},”)
- not intrusive and respectful sequence.

Kind Regards
Radek

P.S.
Bill, if I can be honest - it did hurt me when you wished me starving on the
street.
Especially as I do my best to be a decent human being.
Additionally, as a fresh father, I would hate for my baby daughter to
experience hunger because of my poor business decisions.
I do understand your frustration with what our services do, and I’m sorry it
causes hard feelings, but I hope it was just a rhetorical figure.

P.P.S.
If any of you would like to get a full list of our IP addresses and domains so
that you can block Bouncer’s requests - please feel free to email me at
ra...@usebouncer.com.
Radoslaw Kaczynski | CEO of Bouncer
ul. Cypriana Kamila Norwida 24/1
50-374 Wrocław, Poland