> I am not a lawyer and it's difficult to discuss laws in a different language,
> but according to the definitions of the Telecommunications Act, anyone who
> provides e-mail services to others is obliged to maintain the secrecy of
> telecommunications. For this reason, they may not evaluate or disclose the
> data and, according to newer laws, may not suppress it either after they have
> accepted responsibility for delivery.

That is interesting, and makes sense given, also, that you are in the EU. I am
a lawyer, however here in the U.S., and one of the very few things that our
very lax email laws got right, in my opinion (in fact in the very law of which
I wrote part) is that it gives complete control of delivery decisions to the
ISPs, period, with what has been interpreted as broad immunity for those
decisions.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell, Attorney at Law
CEO Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)