Hey John,

On 16.10.22 00:28, John Levine via mailop wrote:
It appears that Mary via mailop <mailm...@ionos.gr> said:

I've never heard of SmarterMail server, I use dovecot.

Dovecot allows me to setup 100+ domains on the same server, each with its own
certificate, thus always giving a valid TLS connection
without any certificate warnings.

I've just learned that postfix 3.4 allows SNI based certificates…

Does your IMAP server really have 100+ different names?  That seems
like a lot of effort for little benefit.

imap.customer1.example
imap.customer2.example
imap.customer3.example
imap.customer4.example

Some day you don't want to explain "please use imap.provider.example to avoid certificate warnings" to each customer anymore.

Also they usually want to use their own domain for everything.

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Walter