Correct.
But that something that is handled "internally". Its nothing that the
government need to put their sticky fingers into.

It’s the same when you cook food in your home. Then its mutually known that its
on their own risk, If the chef does the cooking wrong, someone might get a bad
stomatch. But sometimes home-cooked food is better quality than mass produced
restaurant food.
But that’s something that is known since its personal and friends in-between.
It’s a private space that the government doesn't need to touch.

It’s a completely different thing when you cook food to strangers, and also
taking payment for it. Then government need to put their nose into it, check
that restaurant and hygiene and other food safety laws are followed and you
also need permissions, public contact details and much other things, and also
check that taxes are paid.

Think the "imprint" as a hygiene certification for a public for-pay internet
service. Think like a digital restaurant, and you understand why these laws are
there.

So I would say, when you run a private service, or a free online service, then
ignore the german electronic communication law.
It simply doesn't apply to anything that is private/free.

I agree about open source software, but its also important to know, that you
cannot expect anything.
If the owner of the open source software abandons it, then its abandoned. But
that’s also where open source shines - anyone else can pick up on it and
continue work on it, and continue the series.
But since its free, you can't really expect that the original owner should
continue on it.