Dnia 10.01.2023 o godz. 22:40:56 Grant Taylor via mailop pisze:

> It doesn't help that part of me wants to integrate the SMTP client
> into the script instead of relying on the local MTA stack /
> infrastructure.

Why?

Your script will run as a part of existing mail flow anyway, within an
existing MTA. Making use of this existing MTA seems to be the logical
choice, instead of trying to replicate its function yourself.

For me it's like trying to not rely on OS's file system, but implement a
filesystem on your own and making direct writes/reads to disk blocks...
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa