Heho,

On Sat, 2023-04-08 at 17:25 -0700, Neil Anuskiewicz via mailop wrote:
> > On Apr 7, 2023, at 9:26 PM, Jarland Donnell via mailop
> > <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> > Blocking SMTP by default makes sense, but settling on the best way
> > to handle opening it (automated? manual review?) is a discussion
> > that is very easy to get stuck in. I don't know where they're at on
> > that discussion by now, but when I left it was something I would
> > have referred to as "on the table." That to say most of the
> > stakeholders would entertain the discussion.
> As you said mom the current path is upward sloping expenses
> undermining your price competitiveness.  I don’t think you’d lose
> many legit customers over a hoop to jump through for 25. You might
> gain some good but previously hesitant customers.

To add on that: Hetzner recently introduced this for their cloud, with
unblocking only being possible after the first invoice has been paid
(iirc). So, at least one big competition in the .eu market already goes
this path.

If somebody from Hetzner is on the list, it would be interesting if
they could chime in how that has been holding up so far.

With best regards,
Tobias

--
Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig