My understanding is that ARC validators have a list of trusted ADMDs <https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/ARC_Community_Sealers/blob/master/community_sealer_whitelist> (domains) that they trust the ARC results of to be "accurate and true". If the chain is valid at receipt, all of the sealed ADMD ARC sets are trusted, and the authentication results were originally a DMARC pass result at i=1 (the first instance), it's possible to use these results to inform other decision making processes, such as DMARC, to override an otherwise failing authentication scenario.

Of course, anyone can seal ARC, but whether or not their ADMD is trusted by receivers is another matter. It depends on who the validator is, and who they trust.

- Mark Alley

On 4/14/2023 8:10 AM, Jarland Donnell via mailop wrote:
On 2023-04-14 07:45, Taavi Eomäe via mailop wrote:
On 14/04/2023 15:22, Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
Unless they’re rewriting the envelope, yes. This is part and parcel of how SPF works. I’m somewhat surprised that those services are not rewriting the envelope, though. Unfortunately, I don’t have the Google access / infrastructure to test this and see what they’re doing.

Google supports ARC, SRS is a hack of the past compared to it.