On 02/06/2023 08:45, Gellner, Oliver via mailop wrote:
> the Google admin toolbox claims our DKIM keys and MTA-STS entries are
> invalid. Example:
> https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=dm.de&dkim_selector=dmglobal4
>  reports "Invalid format of DKIM record" and "MTA STS is malformed". I cannot
> find out what is invalid about them, can someone shed some light on this? Or
> is the Google admin toolbox broken, or is it only designed for Gsuite domains
> and expects some Google specific entries like it does for the SPF check?

It's very broken because it's making Recursion Desired DNS queries to my
Authoritative DNS servers, and I drop those.

Google then fails to implement RFC8461 correctly, despite authoring it:

"The MTA-STS TXT record must comply with RFC8461
Multiple records found."

I have these DNS records, which is valid because only one begins with
"v=STSv1;":
_mta-sts TXT "v=RFC7672; this obsession with PKIX must stop; use DANE"
_mta-sts TXT "v=STSv1; id=0"

It says this at the bottom, so it looks like it accepts my DKIM/DMARC
records:
"DKIM authentication DNS setup."
"Formatting of DMARC policies."

--