On Fri, 9 Jun 2023, Alessandro Vesely via mailop wrote:

On Fri 09/Jun/2023 07:37:06 +0200 Benoît Panizzon via mailop wrote:

If you don't care enough to publish a valid SPF record, why should we think you care whether we deliver your mail?

The customer in question used an ESP to send marketing emails. That ESP told him what host to include in his SPF record.

Probably some years later, that ESP changed domain and that include became invalid.

Anyone took care to alert them about that error?

RFC 6652 provides for setting ra= and rr= tags, which are themselves flagged as errors by most SPF checking sites...

I asked one of the checker websites about that and recieved the reply:
  RFC6652 is a proposed standard from 2012, but was replaced by DMARC in 2015.
  DMARC reports on both SPF and DKIM.

Benoît, does the domain in question receive DMARC reports ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk