Dear ${FELLOW_EMAIL_ADMINIATRATOR},

I don't know how to preface this email other than to say -- I believe the following needs to be said lest we loose even more control of our email community.

I'm sorry that both 1) I feel that the following needs to be said and 2) that I'm the one that's saying it.

I can't say that any of Richard's comments are technically wrong. But I will say that the tone of what the email represents is both disappointing and concerning to me.

N.B. that Richard is one of many that have said similar things. My comments are *NOT* directed at Richard.

Rather many of us are culpable for allowing things to get into this state by not actively fighting against it. -- The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I agree that email is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. But comparatively I suspect it's easier to host your own email than starting a company to build a car from scratch. Is this a good comparison, probably not. But is it true? I really hop so.