Hi,

Since Friday I'm seeing a rather extreme amount of SMTP AUTH requeusts from the same IPv6 IP space that outlook.com uses when sending emails on behalf of customers that have added an "external" address to sync and send from to their outlook account. The AUTH uses valid credentials for the accounts but just hangs up after AUTH. The amount of connections seems to increase daily.

For the last 24h I have ~11M AUTH requests but only ~5K mails actually sent from the 2603:1026::/32 range. I also see some similar patterns from the other ranges that seems to send outlook mail: 2603:1036::/32, 2603:1046::/32, 2603:1056::/32 but the bulk of it is from the 1026 one.

Anyone from MS listening that would like to comment?

--
BR/Mvh. Dan Malm, Systems Engineer, one.com