> That's why DKIM can be useful for those who want to prevent forgeries.
> Why should everyone else be forced to do that?

We all know email is forgeable, but no non-technical person has this
expectation. Slowly moving email to a non-forgeable future is a good idea if you
ask me, as it aligns with what people expect. Any reputation tracking benefits
you get from that are a bonus (to me), since indeed most users are using
freemail domains anyway.

To get to that non-forgeable future though, enforcement needs to start happening
at some point. Otherwise, we'll stay right where we are. You may not mind that,
but most do.

Groetjes,
Louis