On 2023-12-21 at 18:13 +0100, John R Levine wrote:
> > With the number of messages already arriving with multiple DKIM
> > signatures I can't imagine their reputation systems don't already handle
> > dual signing just fine. Granted this would be two signatures on the same
> > domain, but that seems that a small change from handling a signature on
> > the From plus one from the ESP and maybe even one for the
> > list-unsubscribe domain.
>
> If there's two signatures for the same domain, one is good and one is
> bad, which do you believe?  I know what the spec says, but we have no
> practical experience.

We can already add a dozen signatures to a single email. All of them
RSA in the range accepted by gmail. It already needs to handle that in
*some* way. Panicking is not an option.
Picking only the signature that passes is not just what the spec wants
you to do. It's the one that makes sense operationally.

Regards