> On 21 Dec 2023, at 17:13, John R Levine via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2023, Mike Hillyer wrote:
>> John Said:
>>
>>> I'm sure that Google has code somewhere that can validate ED25519
>>> signatures.  But that does not mean that it would be a good idea for them
>>> to use that code in production today and try to update their reputation
>>> systems to deal with the dual signing that implies.
>>
>> With the number of messages already arriving with multiple DKIM signatures I
>> can't imagine their reputation systems don't already handle dual signing
>> just fine. Granted this would be two signatures on the same domain, but that
>> seems that a small change from handling a signature on the From plus one
>> from the ESP and maybe even one for the list-unsubscribe domain.
>
> If there's two signatures for the same domain, one is good and one is bad,
> which do you believe?  I know what the spec says, but we have no practical
> experience.

For a while we were checking DKIM with 2 different parsers. There were keys
that passed in one parser and not the other. It was consistent across signing -
so all microsoft signatures failed with parser 1 and passed with parser 2. But
there were other signatures that passed with parser 1 and failed with parser 2.

Point is, I have orthogonal experience to the one you’re positing: same
signature, 2 different results using two different parsers. I believed the one
that passed (ie, I believed it was validly signed by the responsible domain).

Laura

--
The Delivery Expert

Laura Atkins