I don't see how you're disagreeing with me. BIMI is a complicated if-then
statement. If X, then do Y. It says nothing about doing anything else. I
didn't say displaying non-BIMI images was contrary to the spec, just that
it was something outside the spec. BIMI's value is not dependent upon MUAs
never doing anything outside its spec.

-Tim