>>  That header is supposed to be attached by the originating MUA, and I don't
>> *think* transit MTAs are permitted to rewrite it...

Problem is, that when MUA or first MTA has a incorrect date set, the email
comes like last in inbox... have seen emails set with 1970-01-01 00:00:00 Or,
even worse, it has a date that is like, several months off, so you have to
SEARCH your inbox after that unread email that was popped into the middle.

Thus to avoid that irritating problem, both for my users, and for myself, I
just set the Date: header to the server time, correcting any incorrect dates.

Whats so wrong with it.