On 1/23/24 1:40 PM, Michael W. Lucas via mailop wrote:
Hi folks,

Hi,

I have domains that should never receive mail. I'd like a milter that looks for mail to those domains and feeds the IP of the sender to an outside program.

I'm interpreting your statement to mean that you are talking about email inbound to local domains that you own / manage / etc. and not outbound to remote domains that you want to never send to.

I'm not sure if you need this to happen during the SMTP transaction, milters playground, or just want a near real time processing where a short (O(seconds)) delay would be okay.

If a short delay is okay, I would wonder if standard SYSLOG might suffice. I assume that your MTA logs enough data that you could get a list of IPs that send to -- what I'm going to call -- protected recipient domains. I'm going to further assume that you could tune your SYSLOG implementation to send just the facility and level that have the interesting log files to a program for parsing and extracting the IPs sending to the protected domains. I take it for granted that if you the IP in a variable that you can feed it where you want to do whatever you want.

Surely someone wrote this spamtrap software? Or does everyone just parse the log?

"spamtrap" seems like a much broader term than what I think you are after. I have seen many spam trap configurations, but I'm not aware of them doing what you are after.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die