Hello,

We have some rules to prevent SPAM, but we don't have any software access to
the customer's server. Each customer is responsible of his use regarding the
law and our term and condition. After receiving an abuse report, we let enough
time for the customer to solve the issue, and if don't we take actions against
his services.

To prevent out-coming SPAM, we use the VADE antispam engine. As all automatic
detection it can exist false positive and false negative. The other way for us
to know if a customer has a bad behavior is to receive abuse reports.

For this specific case, the report was received and handled at the same time
you "escalate" the case on this ML.

For next case, you can send me a direct message 😉

--
Alexandre Dangréau
Head of Trust & Safety

<http://www.ovhcloud.com/>

______________________
This message was sent from OVH Groupe SAS, or one of its subsidiaries or
affiliated entities, and is intended only for the sole use of the designated
recipient(s). It may contain confidential and proprietary information. If you
are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy, use or distribute
this message. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.

Le 26/01/2024 20:16, « mailop au nom de Randolf Richardson, Postmaster via
mailop » <mailop-boun...@mailop.org <mailto:mailop-boun...@mailop.org> au nom
de mailop@mailop.org <mailto:mailop@mailop.org>> a écrit :

> According to Randolf Richardson, Postmaster via mailop
> <postmas...@inter-corporate.com <mailto:postmas...@inter-corporate.com>>:
> > I'm just chiming in here with some support for you because I know a
> >few people who use OVH as well.
> >
> > Blocking on a case-by-case basis is the better approach so that
> >legitimate (non-spamming) hosts aren't penalized.
>
> When I look at my logs and see the amount of spam from OVH networks,
> it's just not worth the effort to try and pick out the trickle of
> non-spam.

Everyone has different experiences. When a network is a spam sewer
that's dumping onto your systems, then blocking the entire network is
certainly the more sensible option.

...and then making exceptions for the few who are "lost at sea on
the wrong boat" in said network's polluted waters and who your users
want/need to receive communications from. (It's terrible that the
internet has come to this, and I remember a few people in NANAE,
decades ago, predicting these types of problems.)

> If you want people to accept your mail, act like you do and send it
> from a network that doesn't gush spam.

I agree.

I remember setting up a Virtual Machine for a client on OVH many
years ago. There were major limitations on OS installation, which
was confirmed by their technical support, so we closed the account
and chose a different provider. So, given that OVH runs a limited
service (or maybe they don't do that anymore?), I'm surprised that
they don't seem to be so stringent about their clients sending spam.

--
Postmaster - postmas...@inter-corporate.com
<mailto:postmas...@inter-corporate.com>