On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 07:10:13AM +0100, Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop wrote:
> Tonight we received a huge wave of extortion spams from OVH hosted domains
> trying to get bitcoin payments. The senders claim that recipients watched
> child porn.

Your customers might find a tiny bit of solace in that rather conclusive
evidence exists that the supposed videos do not in fact exist, anywhere.

A rather significant subset of my "imaginary friends" (aka spamtraps) are
at the receiving end of those campaigns at fairly frequent intervals.

Your customers (and perhaps others) could usefully read my 2022 piece
"The Despicable, No Good, Blackmail Campaign Targeting ... Imaginary Friends?"
(https://www.nxdomain.no/~peter/despicable_no_good_blackmail.html or with nicer
formatting plus G's trackers at
https://bsdly.blogspot.com/2022/12/the-despicable-no-good-blackmail.html).

Both versions have links to materials with more detailed information.

All the best,
Peter

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/