On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 07:57:09AM +0100, Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop wrote:
> We've been seeing runs of spam mails from Microsoft IP addresses without
> reverse DNS (possibly cloud servers).
>
> One is sending with addresses <pharmacy@*>, starting on February 8.
>
> The other (same or different spammer?) uses <ne-pas-repondre-*@*> and started
> just yesterday.
>
> Have others seen these? Is there some way to identify the host IPs which are
> used by those cloud servers, so one could block incoming SMTP from them if
> Microsoft can't be bothered to block outgoing SMTP?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=56519 would seem to
meet the case.  I can't help but chuckle at the admonition that people
should download the JSON file each week, when they don't appear to provide a
stable URL to do so...

Although I must say that

> without reverse DNS

would seem to be the easier blocking option -- when was the last time you
saw legitimate mail from an IP without rDNS?

- Matt