On 18/04/2024 12:18, Matus UHLAR - fantomas via mailop wrote:
On 18.04.24 11:52, Sebastian Arcus via mailop wrote:
I hope this is within the allowable topics for this list. I tried searching the archives, but haven't found an answer for the issue below yet. If anyone could shed some light, it would be very much appreciated.

A few days ago I started having issues with the public IPv4 address of one network I look after ending up on the Spamhaus XBL and CSS blacklists. I have taken good hard look at the setup and applied to be delisted twice, but it is blacklisted again - so I must be missing something. I read through the Spamhaus docs on their website. The following applies to this site:

1. Port 25 outbound is completely blocked for the entire network, except our inhouse email server which uses Exim

If you have more than one IP for your network, I recommend use separate IP to translate connections from/to your mailserver.

That way it's much less likely for the server becoming blocklisted due to abuse from another machine, which may not be SMTP.

That is a good idea and I agree. I might look into this - the ISP's we use on some sites don't offer extra IP's, and others charge a fair bit for them. But thank you for the suggestion.