On Sat 18/May/2024 19:37:44 +0200 Dave Crocker via mailop wrote:
On 5/17/2024 7:12 AM, Taavi Eomäe via mailop wrote:

We hope that with some cooperation from mail operators improved defense measures can be implemented to strengthen DKIM for everyone.

As I recall, the original intent was to permit successful use of DKIM in spite of mailing lists' addition of footer text.

Ironically, to verify a DKIM signature after MLM transformation is more difficult, IME, if the original signature had l= than otherwise. The reason is that using l= implies signing Content-Type:, which is a technical field that MLMs /need/ to change, and recovering its original value requires too much guesswork.

Best
Ale