On 7/11/2024 3:01 PM, Jesse Hathaway via mailop wrote:
We received a thousand or so of the attached backscatter emails this
morning, each one to a different recipient, but with the same
return-path,<w...@wikimedia.org>. I don't have much experience dealing
with backscatter, so I was hoping for some guidance from this list.

Questions:

1.  Why are the non-delivery notifications sent to
     <postmas...@wikimedia.org>  rather than to<w...@wikimedia.org>?
2.  Does the backscatter email show evidence of miss configuration on my
     side? I don't believe so, but we did recently stand up some new
     postfix servers, whereas our existing servers run exim.
3.  What mitigations do folks recommend to drop these types of messages?

Thanks, Jesse

Is BATV an option for you?

- Mark Alley