Am 10.07.24 um 04:07 schrieb Scott Q. via mailop:
What exactly is missing for broad acceptance ?

https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html
<https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html>  defines some
pretty clear ways to autodiscover the endpoints.

MS & Google and Keycloak both offer this URL:

https://login.microsoftonline.com/domain.com/.well-known/openid-configuration
<https://login.microsoftonline.com/domain.com/.well-known/openid-configuration>
https://accounts.google.com/.well-known/openid-configuration
<https://accounts.google.com/.well-known/openid-configuration>

All,

maybe off topic, but as Scott asked "What exactly is missing for broad
acceptance": here are my thoughts:

I'm aware of many operators of smaller email systems for less then 1k users.
There the preferred software is mostly postfix, dovecot and keycloak.

dovecot and keycloak offer oauth2. What's missing is how to glue them together
to play with oauth.
There were question on dovecot- and keycloak-mailing lists [1], [2] and [3] but
they are still unanswered.

I would collect and combine that for a howto but I also lack some oauth2
skills...

Andreas

[1]
https://dovecot.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/dove...@dovecot.org/thread/JJEEJG3JR5GT3H2MQEUDRLNEAA4US4KP/