Hi Sebastian,

It doesn't look like we got your actual remediation requests (am guessing
you never got a confirmation email) but I was able to identify your IP
based on your email address and have remediated it for you now.IP has been
listed in CSI since the end of June when we saw a snowshoe attack start up
from the /24 that you're in. The system ended up flagging the whole /24 in
this case due to various badness, not least it being a Linode range. Looks
to have been over-zealous looking at the data now (though of course most of
the bad rDNS has changed). You should be able to send again to VM shortly.

On Wed, 18 Sept 2024 at 21:55, Sebastian Arcus via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> On 17/09/2024 12:15, Sebastian Arcus via mailop wrote:
> > Hello list. In the last few days Virgin Media in UK (@virginmedia.com,
> > @ntlworld.com) have started to bounce emails from one of the domains I
> > manage. There isn't a lot to go on - as being a 550 message, there isn't
> > any info about being blacklisted or similar. I am working on the
> > assumption that they have some sort of spam filtering in place, and this
> > domain or its IP address might have been blacklisted somewhere. The
> > domain name is @originprobate.com and it is a really low email volume
> > domain, with no marketing or similar activities. I checked at MX Toolbox
> > both the domain name and the MX IP address (which is used by a few other
> > domains I manage) and both come back clean. The other domains haven't
> > experienced any issues yet, so it seems the IP of the MX is clean. There
> > hasn't been any recent change in settings at our end that I can think of.
> >
> > I've searched online but can't find if Virgin Media UK has some sort of
> > form to fill in or contact details to check if a domain is blacklisted
> > with them, or to submit an application to remove from such a blacklist,
> > if one exists.
> >
> > Does anyone here have experience of dealing with Virgina Media UK or
> > some insight as to what their approach is? I would think it is a poor
> > idea to reply with "550 - Mailbox unavailable" when rejecting suspected
> > spam, instead of some appropriate message - but different administrators
> > seem to have different views on how email should work. Such is life.
> >
> > Any suggestions to move this further are much appreciated.
>
> Just a follow up to the issue above. I have managed to find a different
> error message in my relay server. It had a 554 error - the IP address of
> the MX is blacklisted at csi.cloudmark.com. It seems this database is
> not included in the MX Toolbox blacklist scan. There is no information
> as to what the reason for the blacklisting is - so I will just apply to
> have it removed.
>
> Thank you to everyone for the helpful suggestions

James Hoddinott