> Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:33:46 -0400
> From: "William A. Hoffman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I do not see a PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR in the config.h. or in the config.h.in.
> Maybe I did not run automake correctly?   How is that supposed to be set?

The way it's supposed to be set is this:

  . autoheader should produce config.h.in with the following 2 lines:

    /* Character that separates directories in PATH */
    #undef PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR

    This should happen because configure.in has this fragment:

    AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR,'$PATH_SEPARATOR',[Define to the
character that separates directories in PATH.])

  . the configure script should then edit config.h.in into config.h
    that defines PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR to ':'.

For all this magic to happen, you must run autoheader and autoconf
(not automake) after you apply the patch to the sources, and before
you run the configure script.