Does anyone have some in depth insight into Vergil and his use of numbers?
I have looked everywhere and there seems to be no book or article that I
can find that addresses Roman authors and numerology. I ask this question
because I have noted Vergil  uses numbers quite often, and knowing the
nature of Vergil, these were not numbers selected at random. For example,
in Book 1 of the Aeneid, lines 393-401, the numbers 1,6,7,12,and 20 are
used directly or indirectly in Venus's augury in reference to Aeneas and
his men. If anyone has some
insight on this matter, or can point the way to an article or book, I
would appreciate it.
D. Ryun