Fitzgerald was not available for my summer class.  I chose Allen
Mandelbaum and am very pleased (ISBN  0-520-04550-5)

John P. Dwyer, Ph.D.
CCPS/ UND/ FL Gulf Coast U

. . . I must agree, that the knowlege which enables us to comprehend the
wisdom of the antients, and to be improved by it, deserves to be call'd
learning.  Yet the antients may be read, I suppose, and not understood?
(_SCG_ 1.12.53)