I can't praise Mandelbaum enough.  It saddened me to learn years ago
when I was first learning about all of these ancient greats, that what
I have I can't get anymore.  Why Viking Portables pulled Binyon's
superb, although archaic-sounding terza rima and replaced it with Mark
Musa's dreck I'll never get over.  20 yrs. I had never heard of the
Aeneid, and found it in a bookstore, Kepler's in Menlo Park, CA, who
were sold out of Dante.  Even Mandelbaum's unbelievable Calif. Dante
ed. turns up in remainder sales.  I bought the entire set, but the
world is still a very strange place.  Penguin dropped Dorothy L
Sayers' Dante, a standard by which others were judged, too and
replaced with someone else I don't like as much.
  And Penguin can't get over re-issuing Pope's and Dryden's Iliads.
Don't know about you, but don't 1000's of rhymed couplets get old,
even Pope?

  Anyway, thanks for all of the mail everyone, and keep in touch.
Love to meet all of these nuts about Statius, Juvenal, Virgilio and my
beloved Dante.
Love, bodywhomp98