At 05:55 10-12-98 -0500, you wrote:
>Gary,
>
>You are probably looking for the Priapea, a corpus of poems described as
>"gutter-latin...that pays tribute to the god Priapus, the wooden-phallused
>god of the garden." For a sample, see
>http://www.obscure.org/obscene-latin/obscure_texts.html (The Charles
>Bukowski Memorial Center for Classical Latin Studies: Obscenity in
>Classical Latin: The Obscure Organization)
>
>There used to be some better Priapea/Priapus sites online, but the ones I
>had bookmarked are no longer in existence. The Priapea, or some of it, was
>traditionally attributed to Virgil.

This is a sideline, for I think Gary Glazner does not
refer to the Priapea or the Pervigilium Veneris, but there
is a complete online text of the Priapea, and of the Pervigilium
for that matter, in The Latin Library, under Misc. The address is:
>http://patriot.net/~lillard/cp/latlib
Harm-Jan van Dam                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kraaierstraat 26
2311 NS Leiden,NL
31-715122397

                Quantum est quod nescimus