This seems to be somebody's diseased, poetic conception of Aeneid I.12-22;
certainly line numbers and the name of the translator (surprise, surprise,
after some digging...Dryden) would have helped.

An on-the-spot, roughly literal translation might give:

"There was an ancient city which the Tyrian colonists held,
Carthage, opposite Italy and far from the Tiber's ports,
wealthy in works and in military pursuits most harsh,
which alone Juno is said to to have held in esteem
more than any land, even Samo. Here were her arms,
here her chariot; the goddess strove and encouraged
this to be the kingdom for her peoples, if the fates allowed.
But she had heard that a nation, born from Trojan blood
would some day overturn the Tyrian citadels;
a people far and wide and king, proud in war would come
from the ruin of Libya; so the fates decreed."

You can find the Latin text and a better English translation (and the worse
one by Dryden)  at
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/perscoll?collection=Greco-Roman.

Of course, this still doesn't explain where Dryden got his "people of the
sky". If you haven't yet figured it out, Dryden wasn't particularly literal;
the point was to write a poetic, artistic text which would freshly interpret
and complement, not replace, the Latin. My best guess would be that "people
of the sky" is meant to be an artistic rendering of the fates or gods
dwelling in the heavens, thus emphasizing a divine origin for the prophecy.
Just a guess, though.

-CWHess

P.S. I might also suggest that you find a more modern, updated translation of
the Aeneid.