-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Richard Block
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 9:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI Minimum Distance between two sets of points

Mappers
I have a large database of crimes (n=150,000) and a smaller data base of
rapid transit stations (n=125).  For each of the crimes, I need to calculate
the minimum distance to a transit station and add that distance and the name
of the station to the database.

I have done this previously using a spreadsheet, but with so many incidents,
this seems inappropriate.  Distance.mbx from Korem does not seem appropriate
because it requires that a point be selected and I have 150,000 of them.
Does anyone have a suggestion for an automated way to do this?

Thanks for your help

Richard Block
Department of Sociology
Loyola University