Mappers
I have a large database of crimes (n=150,000) and a smaller data base of rapid transit
stations (n=125).  For each of the crimes, I need to calculate the minimum distance to
a transit station and add that distance and the name of the station to the database.

I have done this previously using a spreadsheet, but with so many incidents, this
seems inappropriate.  Distance.mbx from Korem does not seem appropriate because it
requires that a point be selected and I have 150,000 of them.  Does anyone have a
suggestion for an automated way to do this?

Thanks for your help

Richard Block
Department of Sociology
Loyola University