From: Richard Block <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 3:33 PM
Subject: MI Minimum Distance between two sets of points

> Mappers
> I have a large database of crimes (n=150,000) and a smaller data base of
rapid transit stations (n=125).  For each of the crimes, I need to calculate
the minimum distance to a transit station and add that distance and the name
of the station to the database.

> I have done this previously using a spreadsheet, but with so many
incidents, this seems inappropriate.  Distance.mbx from Korem does not seem
appropriate because it requires that a point be selected and I have 150,000
of them.  Does anyone have a suggestion for an automated way to do this?